Healthy Thoughts’ mission is to enlighten the community on the importance of stroke awareness to healthy thinking and a healthy lifestyle by providing:
- Community programs and events that promote stroke awareness
- Knowledge, resources and services that promote healthy lifestyles
- Support for stroke survivors and their families
Stroke FactsWhat Is A Stroke?
According to the American Stroke Association, a stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot (called an ischemic stroke) or bursts (called a hemorrhagic stroke). When that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood (and oxygen) it needs, so it starts to die.
If you are a member of the local or national news media and wish to interview a national spokesperson, have questions or need more information, we encourage you to contact Davida Godett at 1.215.637.5815.
- Preventable Strokes 80%
- Stroke victims that have another within 5 years 25%
- Stroke victims who recover almost completely. 10%